Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #1

Could use some help in the Edmonton area

Anybody in Edmonton or surrounding area be willing to spend a couple hours with me and my camera? I am a beginner and I do not understand my camera all that well. I do not understand how to use other settings especially changing aperture, speed and such in order to get a good shot. I have a book on the K200D, but...

Thanks

Guy.

02-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sitting Bull Quote
Anybody in Edmonton or surrounding area be willing to spend a couple hours with me and my camera? I am a beginner and I do not understand my camera all that well. I do not understand how to use other settings especially changing aperture, speed and such in order to get a good shot. I have a book on the K200D, but...

Thanks

Guy.
Well, we do have a few regulars from the area: though if you're looking for some local in-person help, it might be as well to try and find a general photo club or friend who knows some photography: the stuff you've mentioned really isn't different from brand to brand, same principles and all, and the camera interfaces don't really vary very much.

If you have your camera's own manual, that may be a good start, and a lot of old manual SLR manuals actually make pretty good basic primers on the fundamentals of what's involved there.
02-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
I just got a little frustrated. I will look at my local community colleges for some kind of evening courses. I learn better on a one on one environment as apposed to reading and applying what I have read.
Thanks.
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sitting Bull Quote
I just got a little frustrated. I will look at my local community colleges for some kind of evening courses. I learn better on a one on one environment as apposed to reading and applying what I have read.
Thanks.
I totally understand. A course wouldn't do you any harm, I'm sure, but usually in any given area, there's some who'll be glad to help sort you out for a start, too. Having done a fair bit of teaching, myself, don't be intimidated: all it is is you're dealing with a few unfamiliar variables at once: if you're curious enough to ask, you'll probably pick up on something and find your feet fairly quickly.

Let us know if we can help.

02-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

On the other hand you could treat this community as your hometown and ask away if no one in your area can help you.