Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Inactive Account

fixed.

all fixed by JeffJS.

Last edited by kwonjustin; 03-15-2011 at 07:59 PM.
02-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you mean a K50 f1:1.2 lens? Did you take the helicoid apart (separate the focus mechanism from the lens body)? Show us what you are dealing with. Many of us have taken lenses apart (and learned the hard way on the first one) and may be able to help with some visuals.

02-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check your private messages.

Yep. You did exactly what I thought you did. Been there. Not with one of those though but with a Takumar 50mm f4 macro and at least 1 M type lens.

Obviously the first thing you have to do is get the lens element section threaded back into it's focus ring mechanism. It can be tricky to get started as there are actually 3 threads if I remember correctly and they are Left handed threads. That is, reverse the righty-tighty lefty-loosy rule.

The next thing you'll need to do is put the guides back in that the lens actually rides up and down on (those are the brass looking things shown in your lens cap). The trickiest part of that is making sure the lens will actually focus to infinity.

From there, you should be able to reattach the Aperture lever ring (that thin black ring at the rear of your photo). It should be pretty simple as it will only go on one way and operate the aperture. I can't really tell but it looks also as you've taken the part that Sets the aperture off too. It will go on before that ring If I remember correctly.

If all is well, you should be able to complete the assembly of the rear by putting the lens mount back on the lens.

I know there are threads around here with diagrams and photos so you aren't completely screwed. The good news is, regardless of the lens, they all basically work the same way. There have been a few threads Recently, I'd suggest doing a quick search on lens repair or cleaning or something like that. I unfortunately don't have any nice photos to show you. Like you, I wasn't patient enough to fully document the last time I took a lens completely apart like that (I'm assuming that's what has happened).

Last edited by JeffJS; 02-06-2011 at 06:41 PM.
02-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you still can't get it back together with Jeff's help, you could always send to Eric for repair. Send him an email with the pictures you took and he will give you a ball park figure for reassembly. He can't give a full estimate without looking at the parts.

email: pentax27@aol.com

He is very good and very reasonably priced.

Tim