Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Loosen K200d inside chassis

Hello,

Is there anyone here who can help me? The inside chassis of my K200d is shaking or moving horizontally. That is the chassis that holds the mirror. I notice it one day when I about to shoot vertically, I felt the chassis inside falling its weight. I removed the lens and check it out, and it is shaking or moving horizontally. It seems it loosen up. The camera is working but I'm worried.

Any help please?

Thanks,
Lyzan

02-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you 100% certain that what you are feeling isn't the shake reduction mechanism of the sensor mount (if it is, nothing to worry about, it's normal)? You can actually See the Mirror assembly moving around?

02-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #3

Original Poster
hi JeffJS,

Yes, I'm 100% sure it's not shake reduction. I can actually move the mirror assembly by my finger. It's moving slightly left and right horizontally.

Thanks,
Lyzan
02-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
Inactive Account

That's a new one on me. All I can suggest is look for something that's obviously loose in the mount of the mirror assembly. A screw, a rivet, etc. It may be something for a more qualified technician to handle (which I'm not).

02-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks JeffJS. Yes this maybe for a qualified technician, but the problem is I am an expat in a country where Pentax DSLR is very rare. I will try to investigate more what causing this.

Lyzan
02-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Good luck with it. The mirror mechanisms in these cameras are probably pretty common. That is, you press the release, the mirror flips up, the photo is taken, the mirror flips back down. I don't think there's a great deal of difference between them, mechanically speaking. The biggest thing would be to make sure it's in the proper position with respect to the focusing screen and AF sensors. So if you can find a tech with any SLR experience, that may help.

Aside from that, I'm out of ideas. Perhaps someone else has better suggestions or advice.

02-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have a parts diagram for the K200D and I checked it for you. Looks like most everything hangs on the mirror box, shutter, sensor, AF motor, AF sensor, mirror, mirror motor, viewfinder, lens mount, etc. I see why the camera still works with a loose mirror box. I think you may need to have it repaired before it gets too loose. Send me a PM if you would like a copy of the parts diagram. It might help you to understand your problem better.
02-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks guys.