Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
May I ask a question?

May I ask a question to a answer in a thread. ie.. OP asks about a lens hood & filter.

Mr B answers about the type he uses.

Can I ask what he means about a certain lens or Hood since its about the lens hoods or filter?

Should I start a new thread with the same question as the OP and put a link to that thread?

02-08-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
May I ask a question to a answer in a thread. ie.. OP asks about a lens hood & filter.

Mr B answers about the type he uses.

Can I ask what he means about a certain lens or Hood since its about the lens hoods or filter?
Yes, by all means.

QuoteQuote:
Should I start a new thread with the same question as the OP and put a link to that thread?
No.
02-08-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yep, you may ask a question

I guess you post this after I commented on 'hijacking' another thread. If this is about that:
  • Yes, you may ask for clarification if you don't understand what somebody is saying If I recall correctly however, that was not what you asked for Personnaly I would be careful with it.
  • No, you 'should' not ask another question (like what is better for you or which hood you should get or which filter you should use), even if it's related to the subject.

I did (try to) put the reasons down in the other thread why you should not 'hijack'. Confusion (is this a reply to the OP's question or to your question) can easily happen if people don't quote. And frustration (mostly by the OP) as he/she expects a reply to his/her question only to find out that it's to your question and not relevant to his/hers. And your question might take over the thread (all replies go to your question) which is even more frustrating for the OP.

So yes, in general I would start my own thread (and refer to the other one if necessary).

PS I have been in doubt if I should post this or contact you via PM. Eventually decided to post.
02-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Maybe you guys should just 'hug it out'...

02-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
No, you 'should' not ask another question (like what is better for you or which hood you should get or which filter you should use), even if it's related to the subject.
Although... I do not really agree with this, as it limits the nature of conversation...
Replies to further questions can easilly be 'pointed' to individuals via the use of quotes... Not sure what your issue really is...
02-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Maybe you guys should just 'hug it out'...
Good idea

@glee46:
Hug hug, kiss kiss It was definitely not meant as a nasty remark. Just trying to keep stuff tidy (according to my view on netiquette ). And if I would have known the answer to your question, I would have answered the question in the process as well.
02-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good idea

@glee46:
Hug hug, kiss kiss It was definitely not meant as a nasty remark. Just trying to keep stuff tidy (according to my view on netiquette ). And if I would have known the answer to your question, I would have answered the question in the process as well.
I agreed with your post over in the other thread. I can't say I agree with the words that I was hijacking anything. If fact, I had deleted my question two minutes after I put it there so I was a bit confused to your wording. It would have been better to PM. But, no big.. I know you want this to run as smooth as possible. I'm new to Pentax and to the forum.. So, if I make a mistake, I don't mind someone pointing it out to me. Now I need to go have a good cry...

02-09-2011, 05:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
...Now I need to go have a good cry...
You can use my shoulder
02-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All Better

Good idea

@glee46:
Hug hug, kiss kiss
You can use my shoulder
Tanj yiu, ugg, Rhank ypu... excuse me...(Blows nose & wipes eyes) Ahh, Thank you..

Now hopefully, I can keep it down to just one good cry, one hug & kiss a year...

Now I'm off to Google to find & join a hot singles forum. I'm going to try and screw up as much as possible there.

Just thinking about how much love & affection & action I might get makes me gitty..
02-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We're always here to help!