Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2011, 04:18 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I find the EV compensation for snow varies wildly with the light, so whilst I take a guess with the first shot I then check the histogram on the back of the camera. If it's clipped then I need less EV, if it's all to the left I need more. With my camera (K7) I simply press the playback button and then if the histogram isn't displayed, I can cycle through the different screens with the Info button. I can also choose between two different histogram screens, but the basic one does the trick nicely for me. I can also (and have) set it so that clipped areas are indicated. It will do a lot more that I've not investigated, but this is a nice simple (and I need simple) way to see if I've got the exposure right or not. Slightly underexposed is infinitely preferable to slightly overexposed - once the detail is gone you can't magic it back whatever you do in post-processing.

02-09-2011, 05:21 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
WOW, thanks for all the info. I'm and old southern boy and I thought all roots were round! Radishes, carrots, etc. Where do I find some 2 seeds so I can plant them and see if the roots come up square. I can see now that this is going to be a fun group to chat with! Thanks again. Bill
02-09-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I'm and old southern boy and I thought all roots were round!
Pie are round - cornbread are square.
02-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by specbil98 Quote
I am new to the DSLR world. I have the K-X kit with both lenses. No matter which lens I use, with the settings set to auto, or snow, every shot comes out dark. It does not matter if it is sunny or cloudy. I am not using any filters. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I also just got the k-x with the kit. I am right with you as far as dark photos. Not as bad as a couple of weeks ago, though. I have a snow boarding event to go to this weekend, I got a lot of good advice from members here of how to take the shots. Without this forum I would be devastated this weekend.

Good luck