Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Couple easy questions

Ive read the K7 manual front to back a few times so far. I am comfortable scrolling through the features/menus & have a fair understanding what each does. Below are just a couple items I am not 100% sure about.

In the control panel screen, inside the ISO tab is a option that lists 3 settings; 'slow'/'a slanted line'/'fast'. Can anyone explain what these 3 settings change?

Lastly, which mode setting, with which control panel/program line settings will insure the absolute fastest continuous drive speed (advertised 5.2fps)?

I am getting what seems to be the fastest speed using; 'Tv' (shutter priority) mode, program line 'correction' settings 'off', 1/8000 shutter speed.

Thank you in advance for any/all suggestions. Much appriciated!

02-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oahutodd Quote
Lastly, which mode setting, with which control panel/program line settings will insure the absolute fastest continuous drive speed (advertised 5.2fps)?
I shoot often with Hi continuous shooting (on K-7) and the drive speed of 5.2 fps is basicaly right.

The keys to smooth Hi continuous shooting are:
- remove all in-camera processing (incl. lens distortion, high ISO correction ...), and
- get a fast SD card.

I use a Sandisk Extreme III 30 Mb/s and I was able to shoot nearly 1 minute at 5.2 fps.

Hope that the comment wil help...
02-11-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the control panel screen, inside the ISO tab is a option that lists 3 settings; 'slow'/'a slanted line'/'fast'. Can anyone explain what these 3 settings change?
This just defines how "aggressively" the camera software changes the current ISO. "Slow" means that it reacts somewhat "conservative" and tries not to change the ISO so much (if avoidable), and "fast" makes ISO changes more frequent. The slanted line is somewhere in between.

As mentioned before you should stay away from lens correction etc. Than of course you need to make sure that you shutter time is far away from 1/5.2s, better somethink like 1/60th or less... but 1/8000 will not be necessary.