Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #1

[langtitle=es]Fotos de la K7 negras al editar con PENTAX Digital Camera U[/langtitle]

Hola, hace poco cambié de la K-X a la K-7 pero al tratar de editar mis fotografías de la K-7 con el software PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4, me deja las fotos totalmente negras. No tengo ningún problema con fotos anteriores de la K-X, tanto en formato RAW como JPG, el problema es solamente con las fotografías de la K-7.
Alguien sabrá algo respecto a ésto?, le agradecería su ayuda

02-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
'Ola,
Very strange! Do the photos appear on your camera's screen? Can you open them in any other software, eg Faststone? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
02-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Is your Pentax software up-to-date? Just wondering if there is something extra in the version that came with the K7 over the Kx.
02-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have a new K-7 too and I can't get the software to do anything on my mac - I used to teach IT so I'm not a computer ingénue, but in the end I decided that software that is as obtuse as digital camera utility is not worth bothering with.

I got a black screen too.

02-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Northern Soul Quote
I have a new K-7 too and I can't get the software to do anything on my mac - I used to teach IT so I'm not a computer ingénue, but in the end I decided that software that is as obtuse as digital camera utility is not worth bothering with.

I got a black screen too.
Also strange. It works fine on my PC with my K7. I dual boot Windows and OSX on a Mac Mini, so I might try loading the Mac version tomorrow and see if that's the problem. Yuqui, are you using a Mac?
02-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by yuqui Quote
Hola, hace poco cambié de la K-X a la K-7 pero al tratar de editar mis fotografías de la K-7 con el software PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4, me deja las fotos totalmente negras. No tengo ningún problema con fotos anteriores de la K-X, tanto en formato RAW como JPG, el problema es solamente con las fotografías de la K-7.
GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

If your computer supports it.

It would still be good to know if you're able to Look at your files with other software. I cannot help you with the Pentax utility, I haven't loaded one in 3 years.

02-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
5ks
Pentaxian

Try update the software

QuoteOriginally posted by yuqui Quote
I recently installed PDCU4 on my PC from the original CD supplied with K-7. Got same soft of problem: I could open a raw file but after any modification it went (almost) black. My solution was to download and install the v. 4.31 update from Pentax's web site
PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 Update for Windows : Software Downloads : PENTAX
and that helped.

I still recommend to try out other software as well, to find out which suits best for your purpose.

02-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The update made it easier to use - I did get around the black screen issue before although I can't remember how.

Sadly, like the version that came with the K10d, the software is so crushingly slow that it is to all intents and purposes unuseable, despite hogging so much processor nothing else works on my old but fairly decent laptop (MacBook Pro 2Ghz core duo with 2GB RAM). When moving a slider on the noise reduction kills the laptop for 40 seconds, it makes one rather disinclined to tinker with any settings!

Photoshop for me ...
02-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #9

Original Poster
Tengo el Windows vista en mi computador, anteriormente había desinstalado el software que traía la K-X e instalé nuevamente el CD que traía la K-7 pero no se solucionó el problema. Luego probé editar las fotografías con PhotoShop, que es el único programa que tenía a la mano y ningún problema se editan bien. La versión de mi software es la 4.0, probaré la actualización y comentaré el resultado.
Gracias por la prontitud de las respuestas
02-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I installed the Mac version this morning. Last night I also updated the firmware on my K7 from 1.0 to 1.11. Interestingly, the photos I took prior to updating the firmware displayed perfectly well in Utility 4.0, but the ones I took just now show up as dark green and red speckles. Probably the update would fix it, but it's a 75Mb download and since I don't use the software I won't bother. But sheesh these things are so temperamental.
02-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #11

Original Poster
Se solucionó el problema con la actualización del Software a la versión 4.31
Gracias por la ayuda