Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Memory Card Problem

During a shoot today my K-m displayed the message 'unable to display this image'. (I may be paraphrasing a little!). I then checked to find that all the images (about 25) I had taken today had disappeared. Images from yesterday were still there. During today's shoot I had checked the images to make sure they had been recorded, because this problem had happened before. That time I thought the problem may have been due to the ambient temperature which was -12 degrees Celsius. Today was a balmy +6 degrees! The SD card has a 2G capacity. Any suggestions?

02-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Free Compact Flash and SD Memory Card Data Photo Recovery Software
Never tried this recovery program but it may help. Or Google something like "How find missing data on flash drive"
02-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, might try that.
02-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

What kind of card are you using? Many on here have had problems that stem from using a cheap card. If you have had this problem before I would look into a new card. You can get a good card 8gb for <$20.

*One step I would try if you don't want to buy a new card is to remove all files from the card and format it using the camera.

02-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'm beginning to accept that the card is the problem. I am still a little puzzled as to how the images were recorded and then disappeared. I will check another card, Thanks.
02-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Conan Maol Quote
I am still a little puzzled as to how the images were recorded and then disappeared.
They are probably still there but just hiding from you, just Google recovery software (some are even free) and see if any of those help to unlock the missing/hidden files.
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
Inactive Account

I had exactly the same problem with my K-7 and thought it was a memory card problem. Turns out I just needed to download the lastest firmware and that solved it. Haven't had a problem since! good luck!

02-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Inactive Account

per rpima cosa scarica l'ultimo firmware disponibile , anche se non citato nelle migliorie di solito aumentano la compatibilita' delle schede di memoria .
ciao