Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2011, 05:47 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
From Sigma's product brochure:

When HSM equiped models of Sony and Pentax lenses are attached to camera bodies that do not support HSM, AF will not function.

06-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
My lens showed up in the mail, and unfortunately I got a bad copy. I could not get the lens to focus properly, and it was definitely not something that could be fixed with the K-5's focus adjustment. Nothing in the frame looked in focus.

I'm disappointed because I really like my Sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM, and I was expecting to really like the 24-70 F2.8. I will say Henrys.com was really good about the whole thing, and they are giving me a full refund.

I'm not going to try another copy, as I don't want to be mailing lenses back and forth. I wish I could have given a positive review for the lens, but it didn't work out that way for me.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24-70mm, camera, hsm, lens, pentax help, photography, sigma, sigma 24-70mm f2.8