Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
Inactive Account

The old K20D extended warranty

Pentax had an offer for a free 2yr extension on the K20D back in '08/'09, the marketing material for it is still on Walmart's site (i.walmart.com/i/rb/k20d_extwarrwobltn.pdf) and I registered through the web address it shows. There was never anything sent after registration and now I'm trying to get repair work - a testament to the quality, two years and the only problem is an erratic e-dial. The answer I got from the repair center in AZ was to send it in with the receipt and the bulletin and they'd see what Pentax says. I'd hate to be without for 2-4 weeks though.

Has anyone that did this registration have any issues with it or not receive their warranty cards? Does anyone have any advice on how to rectify this problem or know a specific person at Pentax to contact? While he was helpful in general the customer service rep I spoke with wasn't that helpful.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

02-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RickB Quote
Pentax had an offer for a free 2yr extension on the K20D back in '08/'09, the marketing material for it is still on Walmart's site (i.walmart.com/i/rb/k20d_extwarrwobltn.pdf) and I registered through the web address it shows. There was never anything sent after registration and now I'm trying to get repair work - a testament to the quality, two years and the only problem is an erratic e-dial. The answer I got from the repair center in AZ was to send it in with the receipt and the bulletin and they'd see what Pentax says. I'd hate to be without for 2-4 weeks though.

Has anyone that did this registration have any issues with it or not receive their warranty cards? Does anyone have any advice on how to rectify this problem or know a specific person at Pentax to contact? While he was helpful in general the customer service rep I spoke with wasn't that helpful.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I received my extended warranty card, but that wasn't very detailed, looked more like a brochure than a usual warranty card. I'm going to send my K20D in for a sensor fault soon too, and I agree with you on the reliability of Pentax cameras as this was the only major problem in 2 years of very heavy use (90k on the shutter)