Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #1

K-m DSLR Will Not Turn On

Hey all,

I've got a K-m that I've had now for approx. 1.5 years and I've have now run in to problems. The camera has never been dropped or mistreated in any way, but for some reason my DSLR will not turn on (yes, I checked the batteries).

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem? Anybody experienced a similar problem and had it resolved? Potential repair costs? Etc etc...

Any help or feedback is appreciated.

02-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you using rechargeable batteries? Try regular AA's.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Remove the SD and lens then try again? Thx God for the 2 years Canadian warranty.
02-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #4

Original Poster
I used regular AA batteries (and tried multiple sets) to see if that was the problem but I'm pretty sure it's not.

And is there really a two year warranty in Canada? I was under the impression that it's only 1 year... I hope you're right, wlachan!!

02-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just check the box. If there is a gold colour sticker saying 2 yr Canada warranty, you are good.
02-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #6

Original Poster
I just called the shop I bought the camera from, and they confirmed that there's a 2 year warranty....so all's good.

I don't have the box anymore and the manual that comes with the camera said there's only a 1 year warranty, so I thought i was outta luck.

thanks for the help!
02-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I'm not mistaken, the 2 year warranty is a requirement of your government on some if not all electronics.

02-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The Canadian warranty is two years. But I believe it is conditional if you registered it online I think. You might have to look into it. All Pentax lenses and cameras are two years in Canada. I doubt checked before I purchased my DA35mm a month ago. Registered online confirmed that fact. Warranty card can confirm this if you still have it.