Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
Yes, please post additional information about the lens specifically the markings printed around the outer rim of the front element? Your lens may already be in the lens database.

This should point you in the right direction Understanding Camera Lenses
I have a photo of my this lens in my photo album:
It's a Pentax 60 300mm PK A & R PK Macro Zoom
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/members/arimage-albums-my-lenses-picture1...macro-zoom.jpg
I am not sure how other's would have it listed (if it is the same)
I sure would be grateful for any/all resources available.

Oh and I come to find that there are settings (in my Pentax K-7 menu) that must be set for certain features to work.....I see there are several things I must learn. But, I am in for the long haul. love my camera and will invest whatever time needed to learn all I can.

02-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by arimage Quote
I have a photo of my this lens in my photo album:
It's a Pentax 60 300mm PK A & R PK Macro Zoom
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/members/arimage-albums-my-lenses-picture1...macro-zoom.jpg
I am not sure how other's would have it listed (if it is the same)

Oh and I come to find that there are settings (in my Pentax K-7 menu) that must be set for certain features to work.....I see there are several things I must learn. But, I am in for the long haul. love my camera and will invest whatever time needed to learn all I can.
One thing it is certainly not is a Pentax lens. Pentax never made a 60-300mm zoom. All of these lenses came from Korea and were sold under various names in the US. Your copy seems to have lost much of its original paint.

Sears 60-300mm f4-5.6 A Macro 1:2.8 - Photo.net Pentax Forum

Info needed on old Sears SLR camera - Photo.net Pentax Forum

There is no listing for this lens in the Third Party Database. The only 60-300 is a constant f/3.9.
02-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
One thing it is certainly not is a Pentax lens. Pentax never made a 60-300mm zoom.
I did a quick Google image search. arimage's lens does resemble a Sears lens. If it's not in the database then this would be a good addition.

QuoteOriginally posted by arimage Quote
You are in the right place. There are countless knowledgeable individuals in this forum that I'm sure are more than willing to assist with whatever questions you may have with Pentax and photography in general. Enjoy the K7!