Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #16

Original Poster
Thanks guys, you're great!

I'm sending the lens to 'Kameraservice' today.

Yes soots, credit card was used. I'll look into that...

03-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mycarsoots Quote
Did you purchase the lens new, using a credit card? The card I use when buying most anything camera related will automatically extend the original warranty by one year. I understand that this is a pretty common benefit when using certain charge cards. I'd check the terms and conditions on your card and see if this is true for you. It's worth a shot, anyway. I don't know how card benefits differ between the US and Sweden.
The visa I use doubles the length of all warranties as well
05-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Warranty or no warranty, law or no law, a limited lens should never fall apart like in your photo. It is clearly a manufacturing defect, and Pentax / Hoya is ethically bound to repair it FOC. Just talk to them. Send emails copy to the factory and Japan headquarters. Escalate in as many Consumer Forums and Magazines as possible.
In my country I can take it to the Consumer Courts - a less intimidating and no lawyer Justice system.
You got some great advice on this forum. Do let us know how it was resolved. From your replies I find you do not have the "hunger" or a "fighting spirit" to resolve this issue with Pentax / Hoya. Sorry I don't mean to hurt you, but I say this as an ex-Advisor in one of the worlds largest conglomerates - was at the receiving end then as a manufacturer.
05-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nanhi Quote
Warranty or no warranty, law or no law, a limited lens should never fall apart like in your photo. It is clearly a manufacturing defect, and Pentax / Hoya is ethically bound to repair it FOC. Just talk to them. Send emails copy to the factory and Japan headquarters. Escalate in as many Consumer Forums and Magazines as possible.
In my country I can take it to the Consumer Courts - a less intimidating and no lawyer Justice system.
You got some great advice on this forum. Do let us know how it was resolved. From your replies I find you do not have the "hunger" or a "fighting spirit" to resolve this issue with Pentax / Hoya. Sorry I don't mean to hurt you, but I say this as an ex-Advisor in one of the worlds largest conglomerates - was at the receiving end then as a manufacturer.
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.
Warranties are put on products for a reason, and also for a limited amount of time for a reason. The product will be warranted as per the limitations of the warranty in the country in question (Sweden), and as per the consumer laws of the country in question (also Sweden).
This has nothing to do with "hunger" or "fighting spirit", and everything to do with the letter of the law.
Perhaps you are an ex adviser for a reason.

05-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Wheatfield, I retired as an advisor after working for some (42) years. I started work as a (25) year old post graduate engineer. I see you are in Canada. I too have a home in the Toronto suburbs and keep shuttling between Bangalore and Toronto.
Now I said I was at the receiving end when working and had customers with similar problems. Even out of warranty, if we found it was a manufcturing or a material defect, we would service & repair it. Customers were "kings" for us. I was glad I worked for a very ethical minded company and played a key role in pushing for this ethics as an advisor in this company.
So Wheatfield, Pentax / Hoya is bound to repair this lens IF it is a manufacturing defect, and if they care for their customers.
05-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nanhi Quote
Hello Wheatfield, I retired as an advisor after working for some (42) years. I started work as a (25) year old post graduate engineer. I see you are in Canada. I too have a home in the Toronto suburbs and keep shuttling between Bangalore and Toronto.
Now I said I was at the receiving end when working and had customers with similar problems. Even out of warranty, if we found it was a manufcturing or a material defect, we would service & repair it. Customers were "kings" for us. I was glad I worked for a very ethical minded company and played a key role in pushing for this ethics as an advisor in this company.
So Wheatfield, Pentax / Hoya is bound to repair this lens IF it is a manufacturing defect, and if they care for their customers.
Do you mind if I take this post to my car dealership the next time something goes wrong with my out of warranty vehicle?
I would expect Pentax to repair the product, but once it is out of warranty, I wouldn't expect them to do it for free.