Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots out of the box, when you get playing with your flash delay you'll see what a nice difference it will make on close up flash photo's. Also if you can't afford a flashgun yet (like myself, I'm budgeting for a Metz 58 AF2) you could get a Gary Phong puffer hotshoe clip on diffuser for under $30 and it will help a little to stop blowing out highlights. I find it works decent for what it is, but it is by no means a decent replacement for a proper flashgun.

03-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! And thank you for the flash diffuser suggestions, I do want to save up for a flash and I think that will do the trick in the mean time!
03-01-2011, 04:20 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lindsey Quote
And thank you for the flash diffuser suggestions, I do want to save up for a flash and I think that will do the trick in the mean time!
I wrote a review about this diffuser. It is not very effective at all. You can achieve almost the same effect by just using flash exposure compensation (see your camera manual). If you must buy the diffuser (for a weak effect on short distances) then get one of the cheap knock-offs. It isn't worth more than the reduced price you pay for these.