Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #1

Asahi pentax super-lite ii camera flash

Can I use a Asahi Pentax Super-lite camera flash on a DSLR digital camera?

03-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your best bet would be to test the voltage across the terminals on the bottom and side of the flash foot with a digital multimeter. The past several generations of Pentax flashes are fine on digital bodies, but I think the flash you have dates to the 1970s or earlier. To be safe, with a Pentax DSLR you probably want a sync voltage under 24 volts DC.
03-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums Cavalier53!
I see it's your first post..welcome!
Yup! Most Pentax flashes, as long as it is Pentax branded are usually safe as already mentioned but you can never be too careful and it is best to test the trigger voltage for very old ones as Steinback mentioned.
Hoping to see more posts from you and cheers!
03-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The Asahi Pentax Super Lite II is so old (circa 1971 I believe), I doubt it has low trigger voltage. Measure your unit to make sure.

It doesn't have a hot shoe, does it? If it doesn't, your camera needs a PC port. If your camera doesn't have a PC port, you'll need a hotshoe-PC adapter.