Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #16
krp
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like fun, what lens(es) are you bringing? I don't have any advice besides what everyone else has said, set the exposure compensation to +1 or more.

03-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To repeat others, increase the ev ; in the sample here I increased it to +1. I let the AWB take care of the colours and it came out OK. This pic was taken near dusk, so the snow looks less white.
The other thing to be aware of is how your lens handles colour fringing. The 55-300 seems pretty good in this regard, but my Sigma 50-150 shows purple fringing unless I stop it down.

03-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sturdy boots will help with good footage. That, and overexposing a stop or so.
03-04-2011, 02:20 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gebco Quote
To repeat others, increase the ev ; in the sample here I increased it to +1. I let the AWB take care of the colours and it came out OK. This pic was taken near dusk, so the snow looks less white.
The other thing to be aware of is how your lens handles colour fringing. The 55-300 seems pretty good in this regard, but my Sigma 50-150 shows purple fringing unless I stop it down.
And it still looks a bit underexposed to me!

BTW I took some shots of a test pattern with my 55-300mm and certainly found some chromatic fringing and not just purple. I don't know how much difference the camera makes, I use using my K7.

03-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cats_five Quote
And it still looks a bit underexposed to me!

BTW I took some shots of a test pattern with my 55-300mm and certainly found some chromatic fringing and not just purple. I don't know how much difference the camera makes, I use using my K7.
Depends on your definition of underexposed; it was dusk, so the photo pretty well shows it as it was. Earlier photos were brighter during the late afternoon.

As for fringing, although I haven't gone looking for it, I really haven't found any, and I usually shoot wide open. I immediately noticed it on my Sigma. I'll do a little pixel peeping to see if I find any.
03-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krp Quote
Sounds like fun, what lens(es) are you bringing? I don't have any advice besides what everyone else has said, set the exposure compensation to +1 or more.
I have my stock lens and a 50mm 1.4f lens. Hope to purchse some more lens in the near future.