Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #1

Lost pentax install disk - need for acdsee!

Please can someone help. I have recently had to do a system restore on my laptop due to a virus, and obviously it's wiped everything off. I am trying to reinstall acdsee for pentax, but I cannot find the Optio install disk that I need to get the free download (I've just moved house so god knows where it is). Is there any way around this?? I'm lost without my photo editor haha

03-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Why not just download the 30 day trial till you find the disk. Failing that, there are other free/cheap editing software available.

I assume you had to register before, They won't just let you download and install by logging in? I don't use acdsee so I don't know how their downloads work.
03-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #3

Original Poster
it's a 7 day trial which I have downloaded. Can you recommend any other good free photo editing software?

And what happens is, you download the acdsee file and it tells you to enter your cd, then it installs that way
03-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Only 7 days? The website says 30, either way it's not permanent.

The Gimp is probably the best free software out there. It works very well and offers a lot more than acdsee. Another would be Picasa. It's quite popular, but pretty basic. If you need a workflow solution you could try Bibble lite, it's cheap but pretty good.

03-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use ACDsee Pro 3 exclusively and have used ACDsee for years. I would just spend the money and buy the program. Most of ACDsee programs are relatively cheap and packed with tons of processing tools. They actually have Pro 3 on sale right now for $99USD ,40% off the regular price.

ACD Systems International Online Store - ACDSee Pro 3 Photo Manager