Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Single Frame Shooting Vs Continuous Drive Mode

Hi, I'm wondering if there would be any difference in image quality if I just have the camera in continuous mode all the time and just tap the shutter release button once as opposite to setting it to single frame.

03-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't noticed any difference in image quality myself
03-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

I do a fair amount of Hi continuous shooting with my K-7. I use AF-S, and centre focus point. There is no difference at all between single-shot and Hi continuous shooting.

Beware however that Hi continuous shooting is best conducted by switching off (killing off) all in-camera post-processing (I repeat ALL). This is no issue to most Pentaxians who typically prefer to PP afterwards on computer.

Hope that the comment will help.
03-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. So I will keep it in continuous mode if there is no difference. I shoot in raw so I do not use any of the processing features.

03-05-2011, 03:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There are varied opinions for different people, check out this thread - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography/134323-mode-you-singl...-shooting.html
03-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Verglace Quote
Thanks for the replies. So I will keep it in continuous mode if there is no difference. I shoot in raw so I do not use any of the processing features.
If you shoot in RAW, your camera will slow down as soon as the buffer memory is full. This is no issue if you shoot short bursts. Sometimes, however, there are situations when you need to shoot some longer Hi continuous sequences (~30-60 s or more) and it is best then to use JPEG.

Food for thoughts...

Last edited by hcc; 03-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.