Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x Bulb mode memory buffer problem

I was trying to use bulb mode and take some night shots with my K-x . After playing around it for few hours, i discovered that the processing time is extrememly long for some shots that i exposed for 1-2mins or more. <1 mins shots are okay but other than that the processing time is usually longer than exposure time which seems little bit annoying . I was taking in RAW+ mode (yea i know )

anyone experience the same problem with k-x before ?
just feeling the k-x could do better than this

03-09-2011, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I don’t think it has anything to do with memory buffer, or the K-x for that matter. The camera is performing Dark Frame Subtraction (DFS) to reduce image noise. In the K-x’s custom menu it is called “slow shutter speed NR”. If, for example you take a 1 minute exposure, the camera will take another 1 minute exposure with the shutter closed (Dark Frame) and use that second exposure as reference to remove noise from your original shot. Unfortunately, DFS can only be turned off for exposures under 30 seconds. Anything longer than 30 seconds DFS will be on regardless.
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
that is helpful, thanks !!!