Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Inactive Account

EOS converter m42

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Forgive my lack of search - ability as I am new. But can I expect good results from an eos to m42 converter for my rebel xti? Cheers!

03-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slowhand Quote
Forgive my lack of search - ability as I am new. But can I expect good results from an eos to m42 converter for my rebel xti? Cheers!
Yes. I got good results with a Canon 300D. I recommend getting an adapter with a feedback chip so the camera will detect focus; this is a major advantage & worth the little extra cost.
03-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
Yes. I got good results with a Canon 300D. I recommend getting an adapter with a feedback chip so the camera will detect focus; this is a major advantage & worth the little extra cost.
Pardon my ignorance, do you mean that the Canon 300D will not indicate if focus is achieved while using the MF lens? I thought they all do regardless of brand name since my K100D (my first DSLR) can do that.
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Pardon my ignorance, do you mean that the Canon 300D will not indicate if focus is achieved while using the MF lens? I thought they all do regardless of brand name since my K100D (my first DSLR) can do that.
Apparently all Canon SLRs require a chip to confirm focus. Some older EF lenses don't work with Canon DSLRs because the chip isn't compatible anymore. It's one of the reasons you cant adapt EF lenses to other mounts, the lens is controlled entirely electronically.

03-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Canon requires a chip. See for example: AF Confirm M42 Lens To Canon EOS 5D 40D 500D Adapter - eBay (item 220512112441 end time Mar-12-11 07:13:24 PST)
03-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #6

With the EOS to M42 adapter installed on the camera, could not an Adaptall 2 lens with an M42 adapter then be mounted to the camera and function with manual settings of both shutter speed and aperature required? Would the Av setting on the camera work?

I saw this thread and have the same question about finding a way to use Adaptall 2 lenses on a Canon Elan II EOS.
03-12-2011, 04:51 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by NRV Shooter Quote
With the EOS to M42 adapter installed on the camera, could not an Adaptall 2 lens with an M42 adapter then be mounted to the camera and function with manual settings of both shutter speed and aperature required? Would the Av setting on the camera work?

I saw this thread and have the same question about finding a way to use Adaptall 2 lenses on a Canon Elan II EOS.
Adaptall/EOS adapters are available, but would work the same as Adaptall->M42->EOS

Here's a list from a seller's posting: AF Confirm Tamron Adaptall II Lens to Canon EOS Adapter - eBay (item 200539819037 end time Apr-04-11 02:17:10 PDT)
FEATURES:

*P (program)----identical to Av mode.
*Tv (flash priority)----does not work.
*Av (diaphragm priority)----works as usual.
*M (manual)----aperture and flash are changed. Inaccuracy of exposure defining is indicated by expo-correction.
*EXIF is fixed 50mm f1.4.