Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Dust Removal Question

I switched lenses yesterday from my 18-55 kit to a tamron 70-300mm. Started shooting random things all was fine. I then switched to live view and saw this peice of black crescent on the live view. I took photos and it was there, I then switched back to the older photos taken earlier and confirmed it was not there. I then used the dust removal function and after 1 try I saw that it had moved. So I spammed the dust removal function a few times and then it was gone. My question now is... where did it go, does it stay inside the body? If so is there any chance that if I were to hold the camera upside down or in portrait mode that it will go back to the sensor?

03-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's a lining of adhesive underneath the sensor- that dust isn't going anywhere

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There's a lining of adhesive underneath the sensor- that dust isn't going anywhere
Oh okay that's good. I don't think it was dust though I think it was a price of plastic from the tamron back cover that was chipped off. But its gone now no need to worry I guess.
03-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I'd worry more about a piece of plastic than dust. I'm not sure the adhesive on the newer cameras is designed to hold chunks of plastic.

Paul

03-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What do you recommend I should do about it? I've used the camera a fair bit since and have used it upside down a few times and it has not come back, hopefully that's the last I'll see of it for at least a year (by then I should be ready for an upgrade)