Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
ist Ds av problem

ist Ds Camera will not operate the aperture on any lens. get only two flashing lines at any mode setting. Any ideas?

03-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enable the use of the aperture ring in your custom function menu. Or, set your lens's aperture ring to the 'A' position.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I have a slightly different problem with my aperture control on my ist Ds. When I set it to Av, it "acts" like the aperture control is working properly...i.e. the scroll wheel sets it in the display to any aperture I choose, and automatically sets the shutter speed accordingly. But it always overexposes if set to any aperture other than the largest aperture. After looking at the properties of some of my photos on my computer, I realized it ALWAYS uses the largest aperture setting of any of three lenses I use. For example, while it may say it is using f22 on the camera, the properties of the photo say it is actually using f5.6. Any help would be appreciated.
09-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You don't say what three lenses you are using. That would really be helpful.

If the lenses have an A setting on the aperture ring, set the lens to the A setting. Only lenses with an A setting (and the lens set to A) can have their aperture controlled by the camera.

If your lens has an aperture ring, but no A setting you will need to follow Adam's advice above.

Otherwise you may need to clean the contacts on the lens and the camera to enable successful communication between both on them.

Regards

Chris