Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The link for the Raynox Club is missing. That sounds like a good way to go. Thank you so much for all of your advice. It's really really appreciated

03-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by t.stone Quote
The link for the Raynox Club is missing. That sounds like a good way to go. Thank you so much for all of your advice. It's really really appreciated
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/74221-raynox-macro-club.html
03-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Those A lenses are pretty nice but don't waste your money on an el cheapo TC--you're better off cropping. Check the market place and eBay for a Pentax A 2x-S or AF 1.7x TC--they should perform well for you.
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a question about extension tubes that maybe totally stupid, but in a little of a pickle. I put the extension tube on my lens and now can not get it off, is there a trick I am not aware of? I have never used them before... Any help is appreciated..Thanks

04-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emetcalf Quote
I have a question about extension tubes that maybe totally stupid, but in a little of a pickle. I put the extension tube on my lens and now can not get it off, is there a trick I am not aware of? I have never used them before... Any help is appreciated..Thanks
Have you tried pushing the lens unlock button on the extension tube? It should be above the lens unlock button on the camera body. Generally, you push the button down while untwisting the lens. See if that does the trick.
04-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
For reverse stacking you need a "reverse adapter ring" see: reverse adapter ring items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, Computers Networking items on eBay.com!

Buy one that fits the filter threads of both lenses - or buy one that fits your primary lens and appropriate step-up or step-down adapter rings.
how close does these reverse rings get you?

thanks
04-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
how close does these reverse rings get you?

thanks

The closeness is usually stated as magnification ratio (the size of the image on the sensor compared to real life, like 1:1.)

The magnification for lens A reversed on lens B is the ratio of their focal lengths;
magnification = focal.length.B/focal.length.A

For example, try reversing a 50mm lens on a 100mm lens. The magnification is 2:1 (ie. 100/50=2); the distance from the reversed lens to the subject will be about 75mm (3").

2:1 doesn't sound like much, but when you enlarge the small (1") wide sensor image to the print or computer screen size that enlargement contributes to the total (another magnification of 10x for a 10" wide print or display), so a 1/4" long bug at 2:1 appears to be 5" long when displayed on your computer's display.

Last edited by newarts; 04-07-2011 at 03:42 AM.
04-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Well, I still can not get the extension tube off my lens, and I have had some strong people try and push the button too.

04-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Did you try...

QuoteOriginally posted by emetcalf Quote
Well, I still can not get the extension tube off my lens, and I have had some strong people try and push the button too.
If you have tubes like mine, it took me a while to figure it out...
Don't push the button in (ie, towards the lens center like you usually do).
Rather, push it down (ie, if attached to the camera, push it down towards the camera). Think of the little pin sticking up to lock, and you are pushing it down.
04-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Thank You pushing the button down worked.