Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Where can I get Pentax software?

Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum so I hope this is the right venue to ask this question. I recently bought a k200d from a member here and it did not come with the Pentax software. Is there a place I can download this software? I looked at the Pentax site but could not find a download, just updates. I have the software on a previous computer that no longer works, it was from a k10d I had a few years ago but the camera and software have been sold. I currently use Photoshop Elements 9 which is nice but I remember the Pentax software as being very user friendly and would really like to install it. Thanks, Bob in Michigan.

03-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Theoretically, you need the CD, but...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nanthor Quote
I remember the Pentax software as being very user friendly and would really like to install it. Thanks, Bob in Michigan.
Well, not saying it is not any good (I used v 3.5 for 18 months) but I think your are the first to say it is user friendly.

I think you should ask for it in the Wanted Items section of the Marketplace. I'm sure someone could part with their duplicate or unused disk.
03-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Maybe I thought it was friendly because I was used to it and it was easy for me. I'm not too savvy with feature filled software such as Lightroom, etc. Thanks for the suggestions.

03-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter

A little pricey, I think, especially with shipping but it's an option.

Pentax K-x kx SOFTWARE windows S-SW99 Camera Utility 4 - eBay (item 180635224671 end time Apr-03-11 17:45:16 PDT)
03-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nanthor Quote
Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum so I hope this is the right venue to ask this question. I recently bought a k200d from a member here and it did not come with the Pentax software. Is there a place I can download this software? I looked at the Pentax site but could not find a download, just updates. I have the software on a previous computer that no longer works, it was from a k10d I had a few years ago but the camera and software have been sold. I currently use Photoshop Elements 9 which is nice but I remember the Pentax software as being very user friendly and would really like to install it. Thanks, Bob in Michigan.
Bob in Michigan, This is Jeff in Michigan.. Stick with your elements. The Pentax DCU software has crashed on every installation, every version, I've tried it on (and I'm not alone in that).

03-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Stick with your elements.

Yeah, I missed that part. Elements is fine, and has many tools that Pentax v3.50, at least, does not...

The main things I still use Photo Browser for are getting images off the card, first round chimping, creating the exif spreadsheet, and adjusting file names/number.
03-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I'll just keep learning and using the elements. Thanks again, Bob.

03-20-2011, 02:55 AM   #9
Site Supporter

You could also google Picasa which is free, download and try that. From all reports it's extremely easy to use.