Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
How to send in to Pentax for warranty repair?

This is a pretty basic question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere - when sending in equipment for warranty repair, do I need to contact someone first, or do I just ship it to the Pentax service center with a note describing my problem?

Also, I've got an authorized service center here in my town, I'm assuming it also does warranty repairs and would be an acceptable option?

Thanks,
Anthony

03-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You should definitely contact Pentax/the service center first. I have never turned anything into Pentax but have with other products and it is always best and sometime required to contact them first and yes the authorized service center would be an acceptable option.
03-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

For warranty repairs in general it is usually standard procedure to get a Return Authorization number from the manufacturer or authorized service centers. The RA# is what they will reference the equipment’s history and owner information. It is best to contact the manufacturer first and get an RA# or a list of authorized service centers for your area.

If it’s within commuting distance then by all means, bring the equipment in. However, if the service center is outside of the city (or state) you will have to contact them for an RA number prior to shipping your equipment.

Good Luck!
03-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I've simply send my stuff directly to C.R.I.S. Cameras. http://www.criscam.com
They've done warranty repairs without RMA or other intervention on my end with Pentax.
They do great work.

They are also quite responsive. You can certainly ask them what if anything would be required on your part to get the repair done.

03-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When my K10 shutter died I contacted pentax first, and then dropped it off ( I am lucky enough to live within 20 miles of pentax Canada)
03-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by anthers Quote
This is a pretty basic question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere - when sending in equipment for warranty repair, do I need to contact someone first, or do I just ship it to the Pentax service center with a note describing my problem?

Also, I've got an authorized service center here in my town, I'm assuming it also does warranty repairs and would be an acceptable option?

Thanks,
Anthony
The Pentax website has all the info you need.
03-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Ylensä helpoin tapa on viedä laite myyjä liikkeeseen .
Esittää sielä asia ja pyytää toimittamaan takuu huoltoon.
Tästä täytyy saada kuitti jossa ilmenee vastaanottajan ja asiakkaan tiedot ja päivä jolloin laite on jätetty.
Silloin asiaa hoitaa myyjäliike liike, joka on vastuussa , että asia hyoidetaan kunnolla ja riittävän nopeasti.
Koska tällöin voidaan tehdä kaupan purku jos ei asia etene pykälien mukaan.

03-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Use the chat feature on the Pentax website, and they will take the info and email you a prepaid shipping lable.
03-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I ended up calling one of the local "authorized" Pentax service centers, and they gave the information for CRIS in Arizona. I guess they are the only ones who do warranty repairs? I called CRIS and they said to just send it with my information and the description of the problem, along with a copy of my receipt. No prior auth # required.
03-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by anthers Quote
Thanks everyone, I ended up calling one of the local "authorized" Pentax service centers, and they gave the information for CRIS in Arizona. I guess they are the only ones who do warranty repairs? I called CRIS and they said to just send it with my information and the description of the problem, along with a copy of my receipt. No prior auth # required.
Send in a photo or two of the problem of it is possible and also make a complete listing of what you send in. Caps battery strap etc.