Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #16

Original Poster
Got it - all makes sense now. The only thing now that's confusing me, is that when I change the settings to RAW+, the camera outputs two jpegs, the first with the regular file name and the second as 2 next to it. But, I do notice a slight color difference between the two pics.

I would assume RAW images come out as a different format (seeing that some computers need a codec to read them), so if there something else I'm missing?

03-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andy6140 Quote
Got it - all makes sense now. The only thing now that's confusing me, is that when I change the settings to RAW+, the camera outputs two jpegs, the first with the regular file name and the second as 2 next to it. But, I do notice a slight color difference between the two pics.

I would assume RAW images come out as a different format (seeing that some computers need a codec to read them), so if there something else I'm missing?
the difference between the appearance of RAW and JPEG is most likely due to the selection of default RAW settings. YOu can let your software select these automatically, or tell the software to use the camera settings, in which case the two shots should look the same