Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #1

Pentax Optio W90 gone mad, or maybe I`m stupid

Hi all,

I got my Optio W90 for christmas, and for the time beeing I am travelling Asia and Australia. Therefore it is kinda annoying when my camera mailfunctions (or so it seems), so I was hoping to find out if this is a problem I can fix myself or if it has to be fixed by professionals (in which case, can it be done travelling?)

Over to the problem: One day (after functioning normally so far), the camera started taking pictures automatically every time I turn it on. It takes from 1-4 pictures and after the pictures are taken, none of the buttons except the on/off button works.

If I manage to press the "Mode" button before pictures are taken right after I turn the camera on, all of the buttons work except the button that actually takes the pictures. I can now change settings, view and delete pictures etc. but not take pictures.

Is this just a case of the "Take picture" button beeing stuck? Anybody experienced this before?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

WillyBeemen

03-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Has the camera worked correctly in the past or are you just starting to use it since receiving it?

("Is this just a case of the "Take picture" button beeing stuck?") is probably a good guess.
("if it has to be fixed by professionals ") probably.
03-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
Ty for replying.

The camera has worked fine under all conditions for the last months, it is not unused.

Any other suggestions as to why it could be acting up?

In case of having it fixed professionally, where can I go? Any dealer of Pentax? Probably not I guess...
03-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by WillyBeemen Quote
In case of having it fixed professionally, where can I go? Any dealer of Pentax? ...
There seems to be quite a few members of this forum from Australia. I'm sure there must be reasonable support available there.

04-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #5

Je viens d'avoir exactement le même problème que WillyBeemen, ensuite l'appareil ne fonctionne plus du tout... y a t'il un soutien ?
08-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
Inactive Account

[langtitle=es]Mi Camara OptioW90 tambien tiene el mismo problema[/langtitle]

Ayer mi camara w90, también dejó de funcionar correctamente, hace unas cuantas fotos y luego ya no funciona!
alguien puede ayudar!!!! estoy de vacaciones en la playa!!!!
08-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Have you taken it underwater?
If so, did you properly check the seals to be sure they are free of dirt or dust?
If not, a small amount of water could have gotten inside causing it to act up/stop working.
10-27-2011, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
Figured I could give a small update.

About one month after I started this thread, the camera started sporadically working again. I think the "take picture-button" was not as stuck as it was in the beginning. So I could take pictures, but not smoothly since the button continued to get stuck now and then.

Now I am back home and have had my camera repaired. They had to change the button and something around the button, and now it works perfectly. For the record the guy in the store said that they have had very few issues with this camera, so I guess I was just unlucky.

Thanks for responses!