Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #1

Uneasy sound of parts shifting inside new K-X

Hi. Just got my new K-X but noticed that when I picked it up the body out of the box, I can hear parts inside shifting when I tilt the camera around. The cam seems to be working fine when I take pictures.

But the sound is still there after attaching the lens. Although I don't hear the shifting in movie mode. Should I be worried? I bought this from a well-known authorized retailer.

03-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by xetown Quote
Hi. Just got my new K-X but noticed that when I picked it up the body out of the box, I can hear parts inside shifting when I tilt the camera around. The cam seems to be working fine when I take pictures.

But the sound is still there after attaching the lens. Although I don't hear the shifting in movie mode. Should I be worried? I bought this from a well-known authorized retailer.
That sound should only be the sensor. Here, read a bit of this:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-technical-troubleshooting/94122-b...lr-camera.html

And welcome to the forum.
03-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
MJL
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Be happy, don't worry. This is the sound that tell you the K-x sensor has the OS & dusting systems. All the new dSLR sure make lot of noise, power on or not.
03-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks fellow Pentaxians! My quick search terms within the forum didn't yield good results but Google did!

03-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Worry not, if the clunk is there, (as long as it's not as loud as a lego brick being shaken in a big plastic jar) it means your K-x is healthy XD
03-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Believe me, it freaked me out when I first got my K-x, too. Since I ordered it from the US, and shipping it back would have been expensive, I actually cried over my bad luck to get a defective camera. lol

Okay, TMI.