Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The Wedding

I'll post this rant and observation here as anytime I pick up a camera I'm a beginner.

Mistake No. 1: I took my new used to me K-m(K2000) as a backup. I set it to auto. I haven't any advanced PP software or enough knowledge about RAW so I set the camera to JPEG. I should have left the camera at home and taken my Canon P&S digital.

Mistake No. 2: I took my SF1 film camera as my primary tool. Autofocus gives you pictures like the one attached.

Mistake No. 3: Giving up fishing.

Well there is one good thing...I didn't have to refund money..I wasn't paid. However I will pay for the rest of my life as I won't ever hear the end of it. It was my sister's wedding.

Attached Images

03-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This doesn't look like it is out of focus. Instead, it looks like slow exposure camera shake to me.

03-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Been awhile since I shot a wedding but I believe something went awry. It does look like camera shake and not a focus issue.
03-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmmm. Dunno. Everything was set on auto. I have three or four more of similiar ilk. The above looks kinda arty in b&w.

edit: in sequence.

Last edited by EyeSpy; 03-25-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: clarity
03-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As well, I'm sure there was operator error in the shots as well. Anxious to capture the momentI wonder if I didn't let the lens lock focus before firing the shutter.?
03-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
As well, I'm sure there was operator error in the shots as well. Anxious to capture the momentI wonder if I didn't let the lens lock focus before firing the shutter.?
No, I think you moved the camera while pressing the shutter release. Being a film shot we probably won't know what the shutter speed was but moving the camera while pressing the release is a bad habit of mine. I'm not sure about the SF1 but Pentax Digitals, won't allow you to release the shutter before focus is locked (in normal operation). That is probably true with your digital P&S as well.

03-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hmmm..looks like an old "period" photo to me.
Make it in sepia and you're all set.
It doesn't look too bad..at least you still have memories of the event than nothing.
Attached Images

03-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well the votes seem unamious. This shot with a few others were at the end of the roll. Maybe I grew weary. Ah well.

Wheatfield. - yep. and mistake 5 - not writing down (and remembering to check twice) a list of what one should take.

03-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I may have to borrow that sepia version Gerry. I don't think MS Photo Editor has it. I'll check Arcsoft. Anyway, I like it. Thanks!
03-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
I may have to borrow that sepia version Gerry. I don't think MS Photo Editor has it. I'll check Arcsoft. Anyway, I like it. Thanks!
No problem!
I already edited it in Photoshop to add a vignette and took out some of the double image so it won't look like it was camera shake.