Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

copying pictures and slides

Have already copied all the old family photos with the Panasonic fz 15 that I have had for years,turned out good for most of then not so well for others.Bought a Bower slide duplicator and started on the slides and thought they could be done better which is one of the reasons for me changing to dslr to try for better results.Wonder if the results would be better if I bought a duplicator that fit the camera lens mount as the Bower fits in the filter threads of a lens?Have a 1000 or so slides to copy,don't have a scanner as we have no real use for one.
Jake

03-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I too am looking for an adapter or something that I can attach to my camera so that I can digitize my negs and slides, I don't trust those all in ones that sell for around 100 bucks that you just feed your negs and slides into and it copiesw them
03-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Slides are easy to copy with attachments for DSLRS.
These are mostly bellows with slide copier attachments.
Negatives on the other hand are harder since they are, well..negatives..some sort of reverse image colors.
5 megapixels are the usual output of those scanners.
Some go as low as around $70.
It's not something that will break the bank and copying would be easier for negs.
03-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you dont particluarly like the $100 all in one type scanners and are looking for better results consider one of these.

Plustek OpticFilm 7600i SE Scanner 60-A29-BBM310-C B&H Photo
Its a proper film scanner. $310.
This version has an infrared scan to detect scratches & dust on the slides.

My 77 year old father is scanning 1000's of slides & negs from the 50's, 60's & 70s. With the model below this one (without the IR) and has acheived some pretty decent results for his liking.
I had few trial runs to set up the software for them and the output was better than I had hoped for the money it cost.
It comes with Silverfast software if you want to use it for corrections. If you dont like you can allways use Vuescan.

Once you are finished with it, sell it or give it to a family member.