Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes it was recorded in JPEG. I have to tell you a little story tho.......I ALWAYS shoot in RAW. My daughter just told me that she was fartin' around with my camera "the other day". When I took it with me that day, I assumed it was still in RAW. The sun reflecting on the snow was sooooo blinding that day, that I couldn't see ANY of my settings. I was just focusing (with my 50mm prime) and shooting. Long story short, I am SICK of winter as I have too many white pics. LOL

03-28-2011, 05:46 AM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Your daughter needs to know that Pentax cameras are worthy of more than just farting around with them, and at least she could reset the camera settings back to where they were before she disgraced it so with her farts on it.

Look at your exposure compensation on the camera and dial it down such that the whites aren't clipping. And if you're not sure, set your camera to indicate the clipped highlights on your instant preview (on the Playback submenu). Then you can know for sure you aren't overexposing like that again.
03-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you all for the help.