Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Issue with Pentax ZX-M

I have a ZX-M that I have not used for some time. I can see through the viewfinder, but there is no information displayed in the view. Also, the LCD screen does not show any information except the film light blinking. There is no display of film error or exposure count. Also, the camera will not take a picture. It sounds like a motor is running, but the shutter will not open. Thanks in advance for any information.

03-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flat battery perhaps?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The camera had been stored without batteries and I put new ones in first thing.
03-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #4
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
I am sorry to suggest, but a common problem on the old Z family plastic cameras is that the plastic gear on the motor will crack with age and the motor will just spin its spindle uselessly. The repair is to upgrade the motor to a full all metal gear and this is not an easy DIY as it requires lots of desoldering and dismantling. The part itself is about $20 dollars... labor... $$$. Check with Eric Hendrickson otherwise the instruction for the DIY of the motor is available.