Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
kx firmware problem?

Hi
well, I am new to pentax camera, but I have two small issues with firmware

first , It seems as if firmware ver 1.02 makes autofocusing harder and the images are more blurry ,and I actually downgraded the firmware to 1.01, I wonder anyone else encountered this problem?

second, when I want to change the photographer name in copyright information,
I can't delete any letter pressing delete button!(in any firmware!) Is it a firmware bug?

03-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I did not get those problems when updating to ver 1.02 and have not heard of others getting similar problems.

As for the copyright info, you have to have the cursor under the letter you want deleted then push the delete button. The cursor is after the last letter by default and will not delete backwards. Scroll with the wheel and delete with the trash can/delete button.
03-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
Forum Member

I am not able to judge the first question. When I have upgraded I did not realized any difference between 1.01 and 1.02 on autofocusing or sharpness of images.

Second, yes the delete (bin - trash) button doesn't work. Seems like bug.
03-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #4

The delete function is to "delete the current character at the cursor". It is not a backspace function. So you need to move the cursor to the character you want to delete.

03-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #5

Original Poster
well, about the first problem, after reading your posts I reinstalled the firmware and it seems everything is OK :-?, really donno what was the issue, maybe I had changed something without notice.
and yes the delete is deleting at the cursor and you have to use the wheel to go backward.

Thanks for your helps