Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
I'm curious- you stated that you think the pic isn't completely rendering, so… how many pixels wide is it? Full width, or something less?

The reason I ask is the camera firmware actually cuts off a narrow band of pixels on the sensor that you never see in your pics. It almost looks like you're getting some bleed into that band that is outside what you normally see in a pic.

Just a thought.
4992x3284 & 18.5 Megs However, it doesn't matter what size it is, landscape or portrait. And the problem is only with DNG & PEF in 3 software programs. Jpegs are fine. However, I shoot 99% RAW.

At this point, I'm just using PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4. It works great for me.

04-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

4928 x 3264 is the spec; I noticed the same. And I think that that is where the problem is; something is not correctly interpreted by the PC software.

With regards to images being flat in UFRAW; that's indeed the case; jolepp posted some settings for saturation and linearity that will improve it and you might have to finetune them; I'm still researching that 'subject' as there are a few things that I don't understand.

Not trying to convince you to use UFRAW; but is has always worked quite well for my needs on K10D and K100D PEFs.
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #18

Hello everyone I also have the same problem. I see the pink lines on the right side of each image. Dng with picasa and ufrW and other software. Used Linux (suse 11.4) know if there is any native software for Linux to avoid having to create a virtual mavvhina windows and use the software pentax?
Thanks for the help
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I've seen a similar thread before on a subject like this, don't remember whether it was on PF or dpreview, i'm thinking pf.

Anyway, i don't see what harm it would do to install the latest camera software, 1.3 in case that helps. I run win7 64 bit and don't have this problem.

06-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I having a problem with my K20D I just got there is a thin line on the left side to the center.

Photo> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2317/5812502309_2822ed7178_b.jpg
06-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
It doesn't show up on the LCD at all. I set it to Jpeg 10 megs and they turn out fine. PEF will open them for a second in Picasa for a few seconds and then go all black. However, the thumbs are still showing the pics.

It also seems like it's taking some time to process each photo when I take it. The hour glass is there for @ 5 secs or longer.

IrfanView, & Faststone MaxView opens them all with no problem, no line at all.. That's good news.

So, Serif PhotoPlus X4 & Picasa are having the problem. Hmm, well I'll update firmware, and check for some updates.

Plus, I guess I could use the Pentax software that came with it. How does that fair?

Love this thing so far..

I previously had this problem using DNG raw files with Serif Photoplus X4. When I reverted to PEF Raw files the problem went away. There is something odd in the DNG file output that does not decode properly in Photoplus.
HTH
06-14-2011, 04:34 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by keithlester Quote
I previously had this problem using DNG raw files with Serif Photoplus X4. When I reverted to PEF Raw files the problem went away. There is something odd in the DNG file output that does not decode properly in Photoplus.
HTH
It's PhotoPlusX4, Picasa, & Gimp all have the problem. Even when I process a shot with LightroomV3 and edit it in PhotoPlus, I get the pink & black line.

There has been a debate on which is better to use. DNG or PEF here at Pentax Forums.

I just prefer DNG.

If I want to do extra editing, I use LR 1st. I can crop one, and sync it with the others. Takes a second, and then use the "Edit in" & shoot them over to PhotoPlus. I'm trying Elements9, but I really don't think it's as good as PhotoPlus for basics.

I would love for PhotoPlus to do a fix for it, but I'm not holding my breath.