Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Vivatar 'ee'' setting

I have an old Vivatar 135-f2.8 that has an 'ee' setting,is that the same as 'a' in a pentax?
Thanks,
Jake

03-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The "EE" setting means this lens has a Konica AR (Autoreflex) mount - a mount that is not compatible with Pentax cameras, unfortunately. This setting is the equivalent of the "A" setting on Pentax-A lenses - except that the Konica AR system had this setting back in the 1970s (maybe even in the late 1960s, if memory serves).

Now, if your Vivitar lens has two aperture scales on it that read in different directions, it is a Vivitar T4 or TX mount lens - meaning you could swap off the mount for an m42 mount, which then can be adapted to Pentax K mount with an adapter.
03-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You are absolutely right.Have had that lens around for 10-15 years since I had other 135's must not ever tried to use it as I never owned a Konica,it came with a 'k' outfit several yearss ago.Was digging old 'k' mounts out of the closet to try on a new k-x,it looked good.This is the only one I found with of the 'a' type,all others were 'm'.
Thanks,
Jake