Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #1

k1110d software update procedure

I have founf an update by Pentax to go from 1.0 version to 1.2. I follow the information but continue to get a card error on the camera menu screen. I am using an 8gb sd card as directed in the instruction/

My camera only takes up to 2gb sd card. I would like to at least use 4gb sd.
I'm I using the correct procedure?

kc1e102w.EXE

Thank you

04-03-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First of all, I haven't done updates myself.

Your current firmware does not support the card (probably because it is SDHC instead of SD). So you have to use a card that is supported by the current firmware. You will have a good chance if you currently have a 2GB card that works.

PS
Check how big the extracted file is; it should / must fit on the currently used card (e.g. 1GB or 2GB)

Last edited by sterretje; 04-03-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Added PS
04-03-2011, 04:17 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are no issues with the firmware fitting on the cards of most types. I think the minimum requirement is 32 Mb. As stated, just about any one will do. If I'm not mistaken though, the firmware is used to allow the use of SDHC cards in your camera. Pentax released several such updates about a year ago. I assume you've been using the camera so copy the BIN file to the card you've been using, make sure you have a set of Fully Charged Batteries in the camera, and have at it.

After re-reading your post...

Download the file to your hard drive and execute the EXE. It will automatically unpack and result in 2 files. A BIN file (firmware) and a Text file that contains the instructions. Use your 2Gb card for the update.