Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wireless Trigger help

Hello,

I have a K20D and a Promaster 7500EDF flash. I want to make the jump into wireless triggering. I have read up on the articles here and I am a little lost.

Can someone point me to an affordable trigger with 1 or 2 receivers? I looked on eBay and am even more confused

Has any tried these:

eBay link

Will everything be shot in manual?

After doing a search, I know this has been hashed out, but the more I read the more confussed

Thanks for your help!

04-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

GadgetInfinity.com. The new V5 transceivers are a fine low cost set but if budget is bigger concern, they still sell the V4 for less. There are dozens of reviews on the Cactus transceivers so you will have no trouble finding more info. I have 4 of the V5 and use them for remote shutter as well as remote flash with a K20K and a K-5. There are other low cost brands you will get replies to also.
04-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I bought these a while ago and they seem to be really good. 55 dollars for a trigger and 2 receivers.
Phottix Tetra Wireless Flash Trigger with 2 Receivers
3 dollars shipping and was at my house within a week.
If you want P-TTL support you are likely looking at more bucks

good luck

cheers
04-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

As for cheap ebay triggers, buy several as insurance to cover discontinuity.

04-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
GadgetInfinity.com. The new V5 transceivers are a fine low cost set but if budget is bigger concern, they still sell the V4 for less. There are dozens of reviews on the Cactus transceivers so you will have no trouble finding more info. I have 4 of the V5 and use them for remote shutter as well as remote flash with a K20K and a K-5. There are other low cost brands you will get replies to also.
What flashes are you using with V5's? Can you use older manual flashes? I assume you can use nay brand of flash?

Thx

Last edited by bluebronco; 04-07-2011 at 03:01 PM.
04-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter

the cactus v5 does look like a good set, like the fact it is at 2.4G. guess mine will have to do

cheers
04-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bluebronco Quote
What flashes are you using with V5's? Can you use older manual flashes? I assume you can use nay brand of flash?

Thx
AFAIK, anything works with the Cactus V5. They have high voltage filter built in so you can even use one on your camera just to safely use that old 250v flash from yesteryear. Because each unit is a transceiver, as the name implies, it can be transmitter or receiver. Botton side has both 1/4 20 thread and hotshoe so it fits on most anything except a 5/8" light stand stud directly. At this moment I have Metz 48, Pentax 360 and Vivitar 285 in the mix. I really like the Cactus so far but they are inexpensive and the build reflects that. Think opposite build of a k20d. At least the hot shoes are metal not plastic.