Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Is this compatible with the K-x?

Hello everyone! I am new here, and I hope I shall find this forum extreamly helpful in helping me figure out what it is I need.

I aologize for my bad English, I'm used to speaking french... but one can't run to a dictionary for every word!

I am having trouble figuring out a really cheap macro lens for my K-x. Money is tight, so I cannot throw out $150 for even a cheap lens.
I am considering: Amazon.com: Opteka 52mm 10x HD² Professional Macro Lens for Pentax K200D, K100D, K10D, & K20D Digital SLR Cameras -: Camera & Photo

But I'm not sure if it is compatible with the K-x. If any kind person could please assit me on this.. I would be much obligd. )

04-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That appears to be a closeup filter, and not a stand alone lens. It screws into the filter threads of any lens with 52mm filter threads. If you have a lens with 52mm filter threads, it will work fine.
The camera brand or model has nothing to do with it.
04-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That appears to be a closeup filter, and not a stand alone lens. It screws into the filter threads of any lens with 52mm filter threads. If you have a lens with 52mm filter threads, it will work fine.
Thank you very much kind sir! However I am unsure if my lens has these "filter threads", I supposed I ought to check the manual.

Thank you again for you help!
04-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Um.. I am sorry, but my manual says nothing about filter threads. Is there any way I can tell if my lens has them> If it does help, I have the 8-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Lens that came along with the K-x when I bought it.

Thank you very much!

04-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Loli Quote
Um.. I am sorry, but my manual says nothing about filter threads. Is there any way I can tell if my lens has them> If it does help, I have the 8-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Lens that came along with the K-x when I bought it.

Thank you very much!
look at the front of your lens around the inside edge of the ‘lens information’ printed around the front of the lens. you see those screw threads? that is for attaching a screw in filter. the standard Pentax 18-55mm zoom lens that comes with all Pentax ‘kits’, such as yours share the same design, which includes the same 52mm threads. you’re good to go mate.