Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
there is one guy on RFF who went a year one lens one body. on film. If I'm not mistaken a 50 on an m6. no other camera or lens ever for the year. not just for the game
now that is tough
i could do it on an m6 maybe but with a 35 i think, for me it's the right general fl in 35mm
it would be damn hard though, but this monthly thing is preparing me, it has a zen appeal
When I still shot film, I used my Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 for well over 90% of the time and that was for 30+ years...
Oh, I had two other lenses: a 28mm and a 70-260mm vivitar zoom.

04-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #47
Veteran Member

I don't suffer from it But my wife does Again another lens, she asks ?

I'm nearly done. Only an AF wide angle to go for my K5 kit. And next I can concentrate again on getting some more M42 glass for my K10D; I only have 2 55s And definitely need something wider there as well. And next probably some M glass for my K100D.
04-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I buy from...

I buy most of my glass from people who had LBA and died without even using some of them. Their wives usually sell the lenses cheap.
04-10-2011, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
I buy most of my glass from people who had LBA and died without even using some of them. Their wives usually sell the lenses cheap.
That reminds me of something someone said on here once. (At least I THINK it was on here...) They said, "My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell all my gear for what I told her I paid for it." LOL LOL

04-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
"....... "My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell all my gear for what I told her I paid for it."
----------------
Unbelievable, that is one of my fears. That is why I have a little black book in the safe with the description and detail of every single gear I have bought plus what I paid for shipping. I also have a suggested sale price for her, I remove the shipping and 10% of the cost (not for use, but because of no use sometimes).
----------
PS: Women do the same, remember. They invented LIE. My wife only wears $7 shoes from TJMAX. However, every time we go somewhere, all other women start looking and praising her shoes. I will have to take some photos and take it to NORDSTROM to find out how much she paid for it.
04-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #51
Pentaxian

You know, we joke about it. I wasn't one who thought LBA was an issue at all. I have quite a few lenses but I have always sought them out because they filled a need. My only wide angle solution is the DA 10-17 and the wide end of the kit lens. I have been saving for a while for the DA 15. Well, I finally have the funds and guess what, you can't buy a DA 15 anywhere right now. Backordered. Out of stock,etc. I have really been fighting the urge to just buy SOMETHING. Yesterday, I spent a little in the marketplace on a Pentax A 2x TC. Again something I have been shopping for but I really had to fight the urge to buy a DA 21 just because it was there and the price was reasonable.
04-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #52
Veteran Member

I can kick LBA. I know I can. To prove it, I have decided to sell at least 12 7 4 lenses from my accumulation. Besides those I can't use, I mean. But I'm leaving on a long journey in a couple weeks, so they'll have to wait until I return in August. Poor babies, they'll be so lonely...

04-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
Great. I'm sure your wife is comforted in knowing she'll be burdened with a load of near worthless uninteresting nostalgic crap to dispose of when you keel over.

And thus the cycle of life for typical homo sapiens continues...

.R. -- Welcome to Obsessive Compulsive Hoarding Disorder at it's finest. (Sorry to break the non-news, evolution ain't changed a thing!)