Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Forum Member

Can't turn shake reduction back on - K5

Hoping that this is a simple oversight. I've been using my K5 with shake reduction on, in P mode, the hand is there. Then today I put my K5 with DA 15 on a tripod and turned off Shake Reduction by following the instructions in the manual. No problems, the hand now has a "not" symbol. I took some shots. Then I switched the camera off, took it off the tripod, switched back on, followed the instructions in the manual to turn Shake Reduction back on.

BUT .... I can select the "on" symbol, but pressing "OK" results in the "not on" symbol remaining selected

OK, the manual says that there are various causes for no Shake Reduction, but as far as I know, I haven't changed any other settings

I have searched this Forum for a similar problem, but can't find an answer, hence the new thread.

Oh, and I'm so new to Pentax that I need to read the manual nearly every time that I want to change a setting - it took me a few minutes to work out that menus are greyed out unless the camera is not in Auto/Green mode, but I was able to work that one for myself.

Am I missing something obvious again? What is it?

Thanks in advance

04-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take the camera off self-timer mode

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ahem (feels a mite foolish) .... how do you turn self-timer off (the manual only tells me how to turn it on) ?
04-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vrphoto Quote
Ahem (feels a mite foolish) .... how do you turn self-timer off (the manual only tells me how to turn it on) ?
Select a different drive mode. Push the button directly above the OK button, and scroll to the green rectangle on the left (single frame shooting). Then press OK.

04-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
(looks like this thread should be moved to the Beginner's Corner) -

Yes, pushed the Drive mode button, selected Single Frame Shooting, pressed OK. Went back to the Menu etc, etc to change the Shake Reduction setting. Still won't change to On after selection/OK combination (emoticon for Grrrrr = ?)
Any other ideas, anyone?

At least the practice is making me faster at working the menus

And I'm grateful for the help
04-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Definitely to the Beginner's Corner - problem sorted. If any other newbie wants to know about this, just ask and I'll provide the half page explanation (faster to show than explain)