Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best way to sell some SLR cameras and lenses

This is not an offer to sell. I will do that in the proper marketplace category.

What I would like is the some information on how to find some well loved and cared for older SLR equipment a new home.

If you owned these four recently tested items and wanted to sell them would you do combo offers or sell them a la cart? I currently have them paired as ME Super and 1.7, k1000 and 2.0. That is basically the way I used and stored them.

All descriptions are subject to slight modification after I review the marketplace description guidelines but reflect my current honest assessment of condition

K1000 ASAHI in very good to near mint condition.
ASAHI Pentax M 2.0 50mm lens, very good
ASAHI Pentax M 1.7 50mm lens, very good
ME Super good or better cosmetic condition. There are some minor paint chips missing in places, a few surface scratches on the bottom. No dings or dents.

Lenses show no sign of fungus or oil, aperture and focus move smoothly. No scratches, or visible finger prints. There are some minor dust specs visible when held to a strong light. Never saw a lens without some.

Recent photos taken with the offered equipment will be provided.

The prices on Ebay are all over the board. With my feedback rating I feel I could score on the upper side of prices there but I really would like to know what you guys think.

04-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I would lean towards selling the K1000 and M50/2 together. That's based on my idea that the buyer has read or been told to get a good manual film camera like a K1000 to learn on. They want a lens. They don't know or care that the M50/1.7 is a better lens, or that the ME Super is a better camera.

Otherwise I'd sell the ME Super and M50/1.7 separately. The lens is in greater demand than the camera, because it's usable on DSLRs. I think you'll get more money that way.
04-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
Pentaxian

But also a risk that you sit back with the body, none of the lenses.
Perhaps better to add few more dollars bundled with the body?
04-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pretty sure I agree about the k1000/f2.0 combo.

Not doing anything but income taxes this week.

04-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Been thinking of getting rid of all my film camera stuff for years but hated to go threw the hassle of putting them on ebay.When I get back from vacation in three weeks will start listing them on the marketplace here.My Pentax stuff should go alright but don't know about the old Canon.
Jake