Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #1

W60 video no sound in Windows 7 32b

I have some old video I shot with my Optio W60 - video plays (such as it is) in WMP, but no sound. Suggests it's a missing codec.

Am I likely to have any luck searching for this on Pentax' site, or should I grab a lunch and scan the net?

04-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Beardance42 Quote
I have some old video I shot with my Optio W60 - video plays (such as it is) in WMP, but no sound. Suggests it's a missing codec.

Am I likely to have any luck searching for this on Pentax' site, or should I grab a lunch and scan the net?
I wouldn't waste time looking for much of any use on Pentax website.

Just install the latest K-Lite codec pack -- it will provide what you need for playback of Avi wrapped Mjpeg format, plus add lots more capability to your Win7 media handling subsystem and won't screw anything.

Download K-Lite Codec Pack
I suggest Full or Mega (the extra baggage of those can't drag on resources and might come in handy some day), but Standard pack would probably suffice as well.

You can keep using the M.S inbred WMP, or change to the more capable (and zero intrusive) MPC HomeCinema as your preferred player if you want.

.R.