Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
Forum Member

Location: City of Elliot Lake (North Eastern) Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Firmware. Installing all 3 ?

K-5 has 3 firmware updates. Do I install each individually in sequence or does the latest one, V1.03 take care of them all?
New K-5 not yet arrived . Can I expect it will have some/any already installed?

04-11-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seeing well Quote
K-5 has 3 firmware updates. Do I install each individually in sequence or does the latest one, V1.03 take care of them all?
New K-5 not yet arrived . Can I expect it will have some/any already installed?
Pentax firmwares are cumulative, so you only need to install the latest increment that you want to move up to. (for most people that would be the latest available, YMMV)

.R.
04-11-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

V1.03 will include the earlier two updates so you don't have to install any incremental updates. As far as which firmware is installed that can be a bit of a crapshoot, sometimes the latest is installed, sometimes not. You can check which firmware is installed by holding the menu button down while turning the camera on.

NaCl(hope that helps)H2O
04-15-2011, 02:56 AM   #4
Forum Member

Location: City of Elliot Lake (North Eastern) Ontario, Canada
Original Poster
It came with V 1 already there so I went with V 3 and I'm offf and running. Thanx.