Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2011, 04:45 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
Is it possible to set the exposure lock to lock for other shots as well as the shot you locked in? (without having to relock the exposure every shot)
oops forgot to mention it is a K10D

thanks
In a word YES

It's called manual mode

04-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #17
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
In a word YES

It's called manual mode
Good call, Lowell. But to do that, wouldn't you have to take a moment to reflect on a point of interest, compose, frame or even enjoy before rushing off to see if the l'il robot in the camera can catch the next great scene -
04-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Good call, Lowell. But to do that, wouldn't you have to take a moment to reflect on a point of interest, compose, frame or even enjoy before rushing off to see if the l'il robot in the camera can catch the next great scene -
The Origonal post was I want to lock exposure for multiple shots. If you are in manual and push the green button or AE lock if your camera does not have a green button it will set he exposure just like AE lock does in auto and then you shoot as long as you want with that setting. To me the solution is perfect to answer the Origonal question
12-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Have a KX,is there a setting that will allow me to lock exposure with the shutter button in TV mode?
Thanks,
Jake

12-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Hello

Point to where you want the light to be locked on and get a reading, hit the AF/AE-L button in the back of the camera and it’s locked (move the lens around - lighter and darker places -, and you will see that the shutter speed and aperture do not change).

Best regards,