Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #1

[langtitle=sv]Vivitar 90mm 2.8 Macro[/langtitle]

I've recently bought a Vivitar 90mm 2.8 Macro lens. It's a fantastic lens, but something is not ok inside. It can't nor extend or retract fully. Something seems to be jamming the threads. I have searched the webb for any kind of repair manual or a exploded view of the lens, but I can't find any. Does anybody know where I can get hold of such things I would be very grateful.

//Zoran

04-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard.

When focusing, Does the lens come to a positive stop at some point or does it kind of grind to a halt (get tighter as you turn the focus ring)? I'm sure that somewhere exists drawings for these lenses but I don't know where. However, something in here may help guide you in taking it apart.

PENTAX MANUALS

You may also find something or someone here.

Topics - The Classic Camera Repair Forum

Good luck.

04-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Jeff.

It's kind of a grindy stop at the ends. But now I have shaken the lens and something is ratteling in it. Suddenly the aperture didn't close. Some more shaking and it works properly and the lens suddenly functions as intended. I believe a small part of something is loose in the lens, perhaps a small screw or something. Propably I just have to get it out for the lens to function without flaws.
04-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My first suggestion would be to return the lens to whoever you bought it from. My second would be to take pictures of and label everything as you take it apart and look for the parts that have come loose somehow (or were not properly put back together). That way you'll have some idea of how to put it back together.

04-13-2011, 02:44 AM   #5

Original Poster
Det hela löste sig faktiskt igår. Jag fokuserade ut den i hela dess längd och tittade in i den. Hela linspaketet sitter fram och följer således med hela vägen ut. Insidan blottas då och till slut föll det ut en liten skruv. Vad man ser när man tittar in är att den verkar ha suttit på bländarmekanismen som någon form av stoppskruv. Det finns en liten tunga där det är två hål och i ett av dem sitter en likadan skruv som den som ramlade ur. När man bländar ner till f22 så fjädrar det en smula i bländarringen istället för den mekaniska känslan när man bländar upp till f2,8. Förutom det så fungerar det nu klockrent och jag nöjer mig med det. :-)