Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #16
Forum Member

Just to add to the advice: I removed most of the flange from an old Vivitar 75-205 using a Dremel Moto-tool with the cutting wheel attachment. It's a quick job that way. I left enough to approximately match the small bit of flange on Pentax lenses. Just make sure you wear safety glasses, and that you either entirely remove the flange from the lens before cutting it (easy to do), or else cover both ends of lens glass fully (not recommended; too easy for something to slip and ruin the lens, drop the lens, etc). If the Dremel leaves some rough edges, just take a file to them. And make sure all metal dust, shavings, etc. are cleaned off the flange before you put it on your camera (to protect the sensor and lens glass). Good luck.

06-28-2011, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
But making it fit takes about five minutes. Why would you pass on it
I'd imagine like your lens manufacturer who couldn't see into the future, a prospective buyer who hasn't read this couldn't either and since the lens wouldn't physically mount, he passed on the deal. Jeztasic will know having read this thread be wiser, but still unable to see into the future.
06-29-2011, 05:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
I'd imagine like your lens manufacturer who couldn't see into the future, a prospective buyer who hasn't read this couldn't either and since the lens wouldn't physically mount, he passed on the deal. Jeztasic will know having read this thread be wiser, but still unable to see into the future.
Thanks... This is what I wanted to say, however... Wasn't sure I wanted to lower myself...
06-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SMPhoto Quote
Done and done. Thanks, and good one :P

Right.. I'll get to that flange problem in a sec.

Thanks man. Good idea with the damp napkin.

Thanks! Here's the problem though: I've seen that diagram before, but my flange looks NOTHING like that. Mine looks normal, but still did that much damage. Look:

So I'm not sure exactly which part to file down/off. Ironically the Match Multiplier that came with this lens mounts without any issues.
take a look at the flange of a lens that fits... then grab/buy a dremel tool and gently grind it off to look like the one that fits.
had to do the same for a PK mount not long ago. I also ground down the pin to be flush with the mount surface.

cheers