Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Using K20 software on laptop.

Hello all.
Just playing with my K20d and Remote Assistant. There are a few things im not figuring out, and its quite possible Im just overlooking the information, but how do i get the "live view" function to work on my laptop? When it takes the pictures they then show on the laptop, but not an actual "Live View" also... when saving the pictures, when the camera is hooked up to the laptop, it doesn't save to SD, just to the laptop. Is there any way to have it still save to the SD? the laptop will just be used for review and such, and the actual editing and saving will be done on a desktop in my office...

Maybe im missing this information, and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

04-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
From my messing about (generally for lens calibration)

There is no live view function... you can set all the camera settings from the software and then every shot you take is displayed as you have found out.

I have never required the image to be saved to the sd also... so dont know on this one... i would imagine that it is designed to store and reveiw on the connected computer... you can always transfer it to the desktop... or as i do sometimes, use the pentax software on the laptop to see if the image looks ok.. then you can copy it to your desktop and do your usual workflow on that...

Probably didnt help... but its what i have found

Steve
04-14-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 5teve Quote
From my messing about (generally for lens calibration)

There is no live view function... you can set all the camera settings from the software and then every shot you take is displayed as you have found out.

I have never required the image to be saved to the sd also... so dont know on this one... i would imagine that it is designed to store and reveiw on the connected computer... you can always transfer it to the desktop... or as i do sometimes, use the pentax software on the laptop to see if the image looks ok.. then you can copy it to your desktop and do your usual workflow on that...

Probably didnt help... but its what i have found

Steve
Thanks for the reply. I read a thread where they mentioned "Live View" several times. Maybe my version of live view is not the same as theirs.

The reason I ask is because my Church asked me to do a small directory for them. (only 100 members or so) and I would like to easily make sure all eyes are open and such (live view not needed) but also to make sure everyone is framed and smiling and all that good stuff just before snapping the shot. (As oppose to framing it via eye piece, stepping back and clicking the remote, or 3sec delay, then noticing someone moved or something...)

And the SD card would just be nice because its alot easier and faster to just put the SD in my desktop and copy, rather than share the files on the network, or even transfer to thumb drive, then to desktop. Oh well.

If anyone knows it would be much appreciated.
04-14-2011, 03:53 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Just as a thought then.. has your laptop got an sd card slot? if so, put the card in that and save the files to it.. and then its doing the same kind of thing...

Just a bit of lateral thinking!

Steve

Edit .. or a thumb drive...