Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Inactive Account

hi my name is tyrone, a total newbie and i really need HELP. i just bought a K-7 from amazon, i'm a little overwhelmed right now i should have got the K-x. but i think i'm gonna stick with this, no turning back coz pentaxforums got my back right? there's a lot of things i wanna ask but just 1 for now. about the built-in flash, it doesn't pop out automatic and also on burst mode the 1st frame is the only 1 with flash. thanks in advance appreciate for any reply i think i won't be able to sleep...

04-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi tyroned,

The K-7's flash release button is fully mechanical, so it will never pop up automatically. It's an advanced DSLR, and the design assumes that the user will determine when the flash is to be used..

Flashes take time to recharge. Unless the subject is well lit to begin with and close, the flash will discharge quite a bit and require time for the capacitor to fill, so at 5FPS, there is not sufficient time for it to charge.

Neither of these is a malfunction. You'll get used to it. Take your time and experiment, then if you're stumped and can't get the answers from the manual, ask all the questions you need to. This is a good source of information.

Scott
04-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On burst mode, being more powerful than the built-in flash, an external flash will fire several times unless it too is completely discharged.