Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K5 bought, but LV oddity not seen in K7...

I posted this issue in the K5 forum, but thought it might be more appropriate to put it in here as well.

I got my K5 yesterday but am wondering if I should take it back as it makes a weird sensor "flopping" when I put it into live mode. It doesn't seem to do this when put into movie mode interestingly enough, and only seems to do it when LV is first turned on. When the camera is moved around is slows down and stops. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all if LV is turned off and back on, but turning the power off reproduces the situation 75% of the time.

I tried a search and saw no posts on this and wondering is this a unusual issue, or is it normal and just need to the sensor to adjust to movement before being ok for LV. I've never seen this son my K7, which I used to record it.

It's always jittering on the left side of the lcd, not sure if that would be the right side of the sensor depending how the image is flipped onto the sensor going threw the lens.

the video uploaded here:

04-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't have a K-5 (but would love one) and you have probably checked this, however is this with SR on?

I have seen similar behaviour with K-x with LV and SR on and the answer (as stated in manual) is to turn off SR while on a tripod.

Sorry if I am barking up the wrong tree.
04-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have tried both with it on and off, as well as handheld. The only reason I put it on the tripod was so I'd have some free hands to hold my K7 to record what was going on. But it does indeed do it hand held.
04-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #4

Does not happen on mine.

04-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It seems to make a noise in time with the movement, too. It looks like something's stuck or jammed and trying to free itself. Definitely doesn't look right. No harm in taking it back.