Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
that was kind of a jerky way to point it out
Possibly... However it often seems that people fail to properly read original posts, and as such make their own assumptions as to what the poster requires based on their own requirements... I find this fairly 'jerky' and to be frank a waste of all our time.

In regards to the WR50-200... It's rubbish in lowlight but for normal daytime usage and at f8 to f16 image quallity is sharp as as any other pentax zoom lens of its ilk... Colour rendition and contrast are typically 'Pentax'... It is WR and in this respect holds something quite crucial to the original posters requirements.

05-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
B&H asks 1848$ for K-5+18-55+55-200. Add 25% norwegian import tax, and the figure is 2288
05-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's 1500€
Right about the price of that kit in Europe....
05-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Possibly... However it often seems that people fail to properly read original posts, and as such make their own assumptions as to what the poster requires based on their own requirements... I find this fairly 'jerky' and to be frank a waste of all our time.

In regards to the WR50-200... It's rubbish in lowlight but for normal daytime usage and at f8 to f16 image quallity is sharp as as any other pentax zoom lens of its ilk... Colour rendition and contrast are typically 'Pentax'... It is WR and in this respect holds something quite crucial to the original posters requirements.

For the record, Dave, I didn't fail to read anything. That's why I told him the Kr wasn't WR. I admitted that I forgot that the 55-300 wasn't WR, why don't you just accept that you were a jerk about it? You've gotten a little unjustifiably self-righteous here. And for the record, putting a 50-200 on a K5 is like putting training wheels on a Ducati. It'll work, but it will tend to restrict performance.

05-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
why don't you just accept that you were a jerk about it?
I did start my response with...
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Possibly...
Thus accepting that that was 'possibly' the case...
The fact that you have carried this on... Forcing me to feel I should defend myself on a public forum makes us IMHO equally 'jerky'...
You write very well and your implied tone has certianly not been missed... Maybe putting the same effort into your reading and comprehension of the implied tones of others would benefit in making situations like these happen less frequently... Practice makes perfect...
Either way I stand by my 'unjustifiably self-righteous' response and we shall have to agree to differ on opinion in this instance..
Kind Regards
Dave
05-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #21

Photos: Gallery
Boys, boys, implication is a very dodgy tool to use when using t'interweb. Remember that the reader can't see your expression, stance, etc.
05-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by morpho Quote
B&H asks 1848$ for K-5+18-55+55-200. Add 25% norwegian import tax, and the figure is 2288
You forgot custom fee approx 50usd, shipping to Norway $$... Import tax is at different rate, but VAT is 25% on top of everything.

Why don't you go and get a K20d with WR lens(es) to play around?
Shutter count less than 10,000 is fine for a used one, lesser better - They do last to 100,000-150,000. Update the latest firmware will be the first thing you have to do if you go for an used one.

West coast and north? you need WR.
WR is always a plus. Go for 18-55WR, 50-200WR (or 18-135WR which is the most expensive one)
Note that they are consumer WR lenses. If fund allows, go for DA* lenses.